So lets get into it!
- First, open your Illustrator program or if you are just getting started, you can purchase a plan or trial your free 30 Day here.
- Once you’ve installed and run the program, go to File > New > Insert width and height to 210x210mm or any dimensions you prefer. > Click OK
Now, you are ready to create your project!
- First, lets find any design resources you have to place into the art board. In this tutorial, we are using the Hopeless Romantic Toolkit. Click File > Place > (Find an image you want) > Click ‘Place‘
- I brought in the Tree, Swing and Teddy Bears over into the art board. Arrange the images to your liking.
- Here are some helpful shortcuts for you to use. If you’re using a Mac, replace Ctrl with CMD key:
- To group an object = Ctrl G
- To ungroup an object = Ctrl + Shift + G
- To lock an object = Ctrl+2
- To unlock an object = Ctrl + Alt + 2
- Bring object to front = Ctrl + Shift + ]
- Send object to back = Ctrl + Shift + [
- To mask an object = Ctrl + 7
- To unmask an object = Ctrl + Alt + 7
To use the image for your projects, follow these steps:
- Export as image (File > Export > Name your file and under Save as type: JPG or PNG (usually for transparent background) > Save.
- Under Image/JPG options > Color Model: RGB > Quality 10 > Resolution 300 DPI > Click ‘OK’.
- Your image is now saved!
To upload it on the web, follow these steps:
- Export as image (File > Export > Name your file and under Save as type: JPG or whatever suits you > Save.
- Under Image/JPG options > Color Model: RGB > Quality 7 and above > Resolution 72 DPI > Click ‘OK’.
- Your image is now saved! Or take a screenshot and upload it online!
There you have it!
An easy cute wall art designed in Illustrator :).
I hope you’ve learned something and you like this tutorial. Do leave a comment below if you have any questions or suggestions so I can improve on my future tutorials.